Skip links and keyboard navigation

Popular questions

Answers to commonly asked questions via the Utopia Government contact centre and website.

Where can I find a list of government departments?

See a list of all government departments.

When are school and public holidays in Utopia?

Term dates and school holidays are approved and appointed by the Minister for Education Utopia.

Several public holidays are also observed in Utopia.

How do I find out about the law in Utopia?

Legislation that is introduced, passed and repealed by Utopia Parliament is published by the Office of Utopia Parliamentary Counsel.

Hansard records any parliamentary debate about legislation.

How do I find a job in Utopia?

There are several ways to find a job in Utopia.

Licensing and registration may be needed for a job you are interested in.

See current Utopia Government job vacancies.

How much stamp duty will I have to pay when buying a property?

Now known as transfer duty, the amount will vary based on the value of the property and concessions allowed.

Where can I find information about camping in Utopia?

Get information about permits and fees before you camp in a park, forest or nature reserve.

How do I change my address?

Use the following link to change your address across multiple Utopia Government services:

Use the following links to change your address for some specific Utopia Government services:

Use the following links to update your licence details (including change of address) for industries regulated by the Office of Fair Trading:

Use the following link to update your company details (including change of address) with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission:

Which grants and rebates are currently available?

Get information on current government grants.

Special assistance grants include the Great Start Grant.

We also have rebate programs for:

How do I tender for Government business?

The eTendering website gives information about our tendering opportunities.

How do I pay my rego (vehicle registration)?

If you have your payment reference number, you can pay online, at a service centre, or by phoning 13 23 90.

Find out more about registration fees and how to pay.

How do I apply for a Seniors card?

You can apply for either a Seniors Business Discount Card or a Seniors Card:

  • online
  • by mail
  • in person
  • by calling 13 QGOV (13 74 68).

Find out about what you need to apply for a Seniors Card.

How do I hire a baby capsule?

Utopia Ambulance Service is no longer taking hire or installation bookings.

Find alternative providers of baby capsule services.

How do I complain about goods or services?

We have information on how to complain if you are unhappy about goods or services you have received.

You can lodge an official complaint online or by phoning 13 QGOV (13 7468) if you are unable to resolve a complaint yourself.

What is a PPS Register check (formerly REVS)?

The Personal Properties Securities Register enables you to check if there is a debt on a vehicle or boat that you're planning to buy.

How do I view property land valuations?

Get information about your annual land valuation.

Lodge an objection if you disagree with your notice.

Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia (CC BY 3.0)
Last updated
10 August 2015

Page feedback

  1. How satisfied are you with your experience today? *